Getting quality night sleep is vital for your health and productivity. The American Academy of Sleep Medicine (AASMET) recommends that adults should sleep for at least 7 hours per night on a regular basis.
A sound snooze helps your body to repair and refresh itself for the next day’s activities. It also improves your mood and sharpens your concentration throughout the day. But how can you tell if you had a good night’s sleep?
Short answer: Use an app!
Have you ever thought about using technology to track your sleep quality and duration?
What if you had an app that tracks your sleep through the night and wakes you up at the right time every day?
If you use an iOS or Android device, you’re in luck!
We’ve tried out “Sleep Apps” for Android and iOS devices, and we think these three are the absolute best. Better still, they’re free!
A lightweight, intuitive app that tracks your sleep during the night and helps you wake up easier in the mornings!
Simply put this app by your side and it will track the duration of your sleep cycles.
The smart alarm is designed to wake you up at the right time, no matter how deeply you’ve ventured into dreamland.
App Highlights & Extras
- Sleep Monitor: To find out how well you sleep during the night, simply turn the app on and place your phone on one side of your sleeping pillow. The app will observe your sleep cycles and duration and give a report in the morning.
- Sleep Timer: The sleep timer tracks your sleep through the night for light and deep sleep cycles and sounds off an alarm to wake you up in the morning. It also monitors moon phases to determine how they affect the quality and duration of your sleep.
- Variables tracker: Tracks your stress levels, caffeine and alcohol consumption and exercise information. Show you how these variables affect the quality of your sleep.
- Dream and Sleep Diary: Keep track of your dreams with a diary built into the Sleep monitor. You can also use it to note your mood in the mornings.
- Airplane mode: Runtastic Sleep Better app works perfectly without an internet connection.
- Share Your Progress You can let your friends know you are getting better sleep on Twitter, Google+, Whatsapp and Gmail.
This app analyses your sleep cycles by using your phone’s microphone to listen for sounds and vibrations you make during light, deep and Rapid Eye Movement (REM) sleep.
The app also features a smart alarm that makes sure you wake up at precisely the time you set it, so you don’t accidentally sleep through an appointment.
The simple user interface features an informative dashboard gives a report of your sleep trends, quality and duration in the mornings.
With this app, monitoring your sleep and waking up early in the mornings has never been easier!
- Analyses your sleep trends, quality and duration using sound monitoring technology
- Gives you a detailed sleep report in the morning
- High-quality alarm sounds that actually wake you up
- Easy to use and intuitive user interface
#3: Go to Bed
Go to bed is a simple app that wants to encourage you to sleep more! The premise is simple – it’s time to stop pulling off all nighters. Your body can’t take it anymore and it’s affecting your work and more importantly your well being.
It accomplishes what it promises: you just need to press ”Start sleeping” and ‘Wake up” and it saves your data in the Health Cloud.
Our favorite thing about Go to Bed? It’s made for the competitive in us, as it allows you to compete with your friends to see who’s sleeping more.
Features of Go to Bed app
- Simple & effective sleep tracker
- Reminders: when bedtime hits, the app will send you push notifications till you go to sleep
- Leaderboards that allow you to compete with your friends
We hope you’ve found your new favorite sleep tracker app! While there are many great sleep tracker apps available out there, these are our favorites. Don’t forget to cultivate healthy bedtime habits and watch your productivity soar!